File a complaint, get a free copy of the Consumer Action Handbook, be a smart shopper, understand credit, and more.
File a Complaint
- File a Consumer Complaint – Learn how to file a complaint and resolve your consumer problems.
- Sample Consumer Complaint Letter – This sample letter can help you write an effective complaint.
- Directory of State and Local Consumer Agencies – Contact your local consumer protection office to report frauds and scams, or to get help with a consumer complaint.
- Consumer Complaint Letter Wizard – Complete the 5 steps to create and download a complaint letter that gets results.
Consumer Action Handbook
The Consumer Action Handbook has useful tips on topics from banking to wills.
Frauds and Scams
- How to Protect Yourself Against Frauds and Scams – Learn about the different types of scams and how to prevent thieves from taking your money.
Be a Smart Shopper
- Quick Consumer Tips – Review this checklist before making major purchases.
- Before You Buy – Learn how to avoid becoming a victim of a scam.
- After You Buy – Minimize problems with products or services you have purchased.
- Shopping Online – Know your consumer rights when shopping online or when using catalogs.
- Check for Product Safety Recalls – Understand the importance of product recalls, the types of recalls, and how to be alerted of recalls by CPSC.
- Service Contracts and Extended Warranties – Ask these questions before purchasing extended warranties.
- Consumer Tools – Use these featured consumer tools and calculators to help you get the most for your money.